maro Lip Schtick: Rumble in the Blogsp

Friday, December 24, 2004

Rumble in the Blogs

It's not Entertainment Weekly's fault. There's no way the writers at the Granddaddy of all mainstream entertainment publications could have known the ruckus it would cause when they named Jon Stewart as 2004's Entertainer of the Year.

And by ruckus, I mean the deliciously crafted blow-by-blow dogfight that will ensue between Chase and RedDirt. Now, I may be premature in my prediction. Maybe they've gotten the Jon Stewart hullabaloo out of their systems already. But my guess is there's still a little juice left in the veins of both blogadelic counterparts to get their collective danders up just once more on the topic.

I can't wait. Let the barbs cleverly disguised as finely honed literary craftsmanship ensue.

P.S. - And for the ladies (and gay men, and straight men who are in touch with their abilities to recognize an attractive man when they see one), check out EW's choice for #11 - Jim Carrey. Pretty cute pic, huh?! Now that's an Ace Ventura I can get on board with.

Mirthful recess to all, and to all, a good night!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see Jim Carrey do the "Six Million Dollar Man". I loved that show. Thanks for the link.

1:02 PM  
Blogger LilRed said...

You know, I never really watched the "Six Million Dollar Man" as a wee lass, but I think the Carrey version will be pretty interesting as well. He seems to be choosing more versatile roles, which is a good thing.

Although, "Ace Ventura, Pet Detective" still kills me. I guess I'm just a sucker for sophomoric humor.

Thanks for checkin' in!

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here