maro Lip Schtick: Season's Fleetingp

Friday, December 24, 2004

Season's Fleeting

Every year at this time I crack up at how the malls and grocery stores are crammed full of busy little shoppers trying to get all their gift-buying and food preparation details finished.

I am amazed, however, at the fact that people wait until the very last minute to get all of this stuff done. I mean, it's not like the government arbitrarily chooses a date at random each year for Christmas. In my mere 33 years, Christmas has always taken place on December 25.

So why is it that people want to put themselves through this? Wouldn't it be better to get it all done early so that you actually relax during the holiday season? To me, there's nothing better than being able to kick back at Christmas, knowing that the gifts are wrapped, decorations have been displayed, and there's all sorts of football waiting for me to watch. And don't forget about all of the good "eats" (a phrase my aunt from Arkansas used to use to refer to meals) during the holidays. I like to just graze all day.

It just doesn't make sense. Maybe people are just too busy to shop and prepare early. Maybe the holidays have become too commercialized and folks just can't seem to get into the spirit until it's almost too late. I don't know.

But whatever the reason, enjoy the season.

Gotta get going .. the stores close early tonight.

1 Comments:

Blogger OKPartisan said...

They are, no doubt, Adrenaline Junkies.

1:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here