maro Lip Schtick: What is wrong with people? - #2p

Monday, December 20, 2004

What is wrong with people? - #2

Sometimes people just crack me up. Don't get me wrong ... I say a lot of dumb things that I wish I could take back every day. But that doesn't stop me from berating other people for the stupid things they say.

A couple of weeks ago I was updating my Christmas card list. I asked a woman I work with to put her name and address on the list I was compiling.

LilRed: Hey, Vicki. Put your name and address on this list, please.

Vicki: What's the list for?

LilRed: I'm updating my Christmas card list.

Vicki: OK, I'll put my name on the list. But just so you know, I probably won't reciprocate by sending you a Christmas card.

Unbelievable. Here is a perfect example of a person not knowing when to shut up. Just put your name on the stupid list and be done with it. I have enough confidence in myself that I don't need the obligatory "reciprocal" Christmas card.

Oh, and thanks for sucking the life out of the very meaning of the holiday that is Christmas.

Happy friggin' holidays.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok - here's one for you on a different Christmas subject. Family calling a couple weeks before Christmas to say "Let's not exchange gifts this year." The problem --- some of us get our shopping done a little earlier than that! Great idea, don't get me wrong, I can always use the extra cash, but hells bells give me a little more warning. I still agreed that was fine - but I'd already bought and they were getting it. Just to add to this, the same family member complained to me about all the other 4 pages of people they have to buy for... I must have been really low on the list to get marked off a 4 page list - which still included the person's ex-husbands sister. Merry Christmas to you too! -Rbky

10:44 AM  
Blogger LilRed said...

Thanks for sharing! I was tempted to remove this post last night...I started to think that maybe it was little too mean. But then I thought, well, sometimes I am mean. So it's nice to have someone chime in with their Christmas horror stories.

On a different note, "hells bells" is a great phrase. Not only does it tickle me to say it, but to see it written in your comment gave me quite a chuckle. I will definitely have to work in a few more "hells bells" whenever appropriate.

Thanks again!

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here