maro Lip Schtick: I fell in love ... with a drag queenp

Monday, February 07, 2005

I fell in love ... with a drag queen

I swore when it happened that I'd never tell anybody (except for the people who are close to me, and they would have found out anyway).

But some time has passed, and I feel better about things. In fact, it's almost therapeutic to write about it now.

I know I'm not the first person this has happened to. I just never thought it could happen to me (especially since I have so many gay friends, and I pride myself on having a pretty accurate "gaydar").

I met this guy about five years ago. He was living with a friend of mine ... a female friend, but their relationship was completely platonic.

We hit it off immediately. Now, I have never been one to be attracted to men based off looks alone. There has to be more - ambition, sensitivity, sense of humor, brains. But I have to admit, this guy had the dark brown hair and green eyes that I do happen to find the most physically attractive.

Our relationship blossomed slowly. He was my best friend. He gave me the unconditional love that we all want, and in my eyes, he could do no wrong. He was caring, giving ... had a heart of gold.

But there was always something there that just wasn't "quite right."

He seemed to be the most at ease in social situations around other men. And not just "hangin' out with the guys" interaction. He just really enjoyed their company more than the company of women.

And there were times when I felt like he paid more attention to his grooming habits than even I did. I'm a one-bath-a-day kind of gal. But not this guy. He was clean as a whistle. Personal hygiene was his obsession.

He also preferred cuddling. Which was great, actually. But strange.

I started to get a little suspicious when I noticed that items in my dresser drawers or closet would be moved, or even missing. At the time I didn't think too much about it. "I'm just really busy and could have misplaced that camisole," I rationalized. "Did I leave that necklace at the gym?" I pondered.

As much as I tried to blow off these "Surely this isn't what I think it is" thoughts, one must always remain true to their gut instincts.

My suspicions were confirmed when I came home one afternoon early from work to find who I then thought could possibly be "the one" parading around my house in nothing but a chocolate and white-colored fur coat and gold sequin choker:








Needless to say, all bets were off at that moment.

I'm not mad ... I never was. He had to be true to himself.

And I think that's what we all should be.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is he still single?

7:24 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great post Lilred. You sure had me going.

9:39 AM  
Blogger OKPartisan said...

I read your post this morning at about 1:30 AM and thought you were serious.
Cute cat!
I want to put pictures on my blog, too, and I was looking at yours for the entry on how to do it, but you don't have archives on your site. What gives?

10:53 AM  
Blogger Jimmy said...

Brilliant!

5:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love tuxedo cats too.

So cute!

-k

11:29 AM  
Blogger bikipatra said...

what a special kitty!

http://yaletojail.blogspot.com

9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here