maro Lip Schtick: Red Dirt has left the buildingp

Friday, February 11, 2005

Red Dirt has left the building

A few posts ago, I tried to, as Chase so eloquently put it, try to smoke that bastard outta hiding (the bastard being, of course, Red Dirt). Man that's a lot of commas.

An Anonymous reader had, what I think, is a fantastic idea.

When Red Dirt goes on hiatus (or whatever you want to call his disappearing act), perhaps he should think about employing a guest blogger.

All the great hosts do it ... Johnny Carson had Joan Rivers, David Letterman and Jay Leno fill in for him throughout the Tonight Show's run. When Letterman was having major heart surgery a few years ago, he had a bevy of guest hosts taking the reins.

So, I would like to be the first to suggest Red Dirt's inaugural guest host for the Red Dirt Blog:

Click here

Trust me, loyal Lip Schtick and Red Dirt fans. If that doesn't get him, nothing will.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to gig him by leaving a very flip comment on his last entry and he seemed a bit miffed but did bless me with a long-winded comment back. After that, nothing. I am glad that you keep trying to lure him back.

10:50 PM  
Blogger Chase McInerney said...

I'm starting to wonder if Red Dirt is hiding in a spider hole somewhere. Good job, LilRed! Let's get that bastard back into the light of day where we can see the whites of his eyes...

4:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey I was going to say that but I thought I would REALLY piss off Red Dirt. I propose a "corporate" takeover of his blog and make it an Al Franken Fan Blog.

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here