maro Lip Schtick: Mom's words of wisdom - Part 1p

Thursday, March 03, 2005

Mom's words of wisdom - Part 1

Here is an actual conversation I had with my mom the day after the finale of The Bachelorette (Tuesday).

Mom: Did you watch The Bachelorette last night?

LilRed: Yes - what a mess! But I think she did the right thing.

Mom: Me too, but I still think I would have picked John Paul. Did you know he had an emergency tracheotomy?

LilRed: What? When?

Mom: I don't know. I guess last night.

LilRed: Where?

Mom: I guess here in Oklahoma City.

LilRed: It couldn't have been here because the finale was broadcast in Los Angeles live.

Mom: I don't know. All I heard on the news last night is that he had an emergency tracheotomy.

The proverbial light bulb switches on in LilRed's head.

LilRed: Hells bells, Mom! Pope John Paul had the emergency tracheotomy ... NOT Bachelor John Paul!

Mom: Oh. Well I guess that would make more sense.

7 Comments:

Blogger birdwoman said...

My mom is still trying to pronounce the word tsunami. She hasn't made it to the bachelor...

(*)>

4:36 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hilarious post LilRed!

7:03 PM  
Blogger Rafe said...

LOL

7:21 PM  
Blogger dook said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:52 AM  
Blogger dook said...

ROTFLMAO! She even had me going there for a minute.
[ The Dook ]

9:54 AM  
Blogger LilRed said...

Birdwoman - Hey! Thanks for stopping by!

Rafe - Welcome to Lip Schtick!

Dook - Welcome to you, too, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who wants to know what ROTFLMAO means.

Please enlighten fellow Lip Schtick readers!

11:22 AM  
Blogger Tim Chapman said...

you crack me up!

5:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here