maro Lip Schtick: You tell me - #6p

Friday, July 15, 2005

You tell me - #6

I'm not really into the whole reality TV thing. That's not to say that I don't watch any programs of the genre (I mainly stick to The Apprentice).

But this summer I have become quite fond of two reality shows - Dancing with the Stars (although I was not the least bit pleased with its outcome) and Rock Star: INXS.

For those of you who have no idea what the premises are of each show ... I'll give you the quick lowdown:

Dancing with the Starts is a ballroom dance menagerie in which various celebrities (I wouldn't exactly classify Trista Sutter as a "star") are paired with champion ballroom dancers to test their dance floor prowess.

Rock Star: INXS is the latest Mark Burnett production which showcases 15 "rockers" as they compete to become the new INXS lead singer (Michael Hutchence, the original lead, killed himself in the late 90s).

I'm not ashamed to admit that both shows entertain the hell out of me. I was mesmerized by the celebrities as they took on different ballroom dances week after week. And I am blown away by the energy and talent the rockers have displayed so far on Rock Star.

Which leads me to my question:

Would you rather have the wield golden pipes or the sport the fancy dance moves?

You tell me.

5 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Hand down - I would rather be a rock star! Surprised?
Peace...........

12:15 PM  
Blogger Lady Godiva said...

Tough call. Love those great dance moves (caught the finale and it was so rigged) but W-O-W... Rock Star... since this is total fantasy I'll go with the golden pipes. In reality it would take the mother of all miracles to give me a singing voice. The dance moves at least I'd be starting with some natural talent.

9:00 PM  
Blogger ticharu said...

Sometimes I think I can really sing, and it's a natural high, anything like that is. Great dancers get a real life high from it, and I've always wished I could have been a great ballet dancer. I couldn't choose one over the other, except that at 45 I can still sing. Dancing is a much more demanding physical thing. But then look at Mick Jagger, still struttin' and carrying on like a kid.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous k said...

Golden pipes, but luckily for the world I confine my singing to the car.

I too am an addict of Rockstar INXS. At first I wanted to watch it because I worked with Heather (the red headed tattooed chick) for awhile at a hair salon a few years ago. She's a really cool girl, and I always wondered what happened to her after we lost touch. But as it turns out, most of the people are super talented and not only am I a fan, my boyfriend also refuses to miss an episode.

1:27 PM  
Blogger Miss Krys said...

Put me in the kitchen: Hell's Kitchen that is. Girl, you have to watch Chef Ramsey on this show; it's great.

Tommy Hilfiger's The Cut isn't half bad either, although my favorite was kicked off!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here