maro Lip Schtick: I like to watchp

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

I like to watch

I am sometimes amazed at the pure crap I am able to endure on television.

Just yesterday I actually watched Girls Next Door and Comedy Central's Roast to Pamela Anderson.

For those who like to do more brain-wielding things like reading, exercising, or just watching better TV than what I do, I'll fill you in.

Girls Next Door is the E! creation in which we follow the three girlfriends of Hugh Hefner, Playboy founder and mogul.

It is, needless to say, brutal. But I could NOT stop watching. It's kind of like my fascination with the movie Showgirls. It's so bad, that I have to watch it.

But nowhere was it nearly as brutal as the Pamela Anderson Roast.

Heinous.

First, does anyone like Jimmy Kimmel? I've never seen his show, and I know now I never will. As the host, he did little but crack stupid jokes, just to lead in to the roasters' stupid jokes.

The highlight of the night was Bea Arthur's dramatic reading from one of Pamela's books - which, by the way, read as if a fifth grader wrote it. They could have just used Bea's segment and left the rest on the cutting room floor.

And dear God - Courtney Love was in attendance. Wasted. On what? I don't know. But wasted.

Finally, there was Tommy Lee. I'm glad that he and Pamela can now be in the same room together ... but does anyone else think that Pamela seemed a little awkward when he went to hug her?

Oh - I guess no one else would know, because I had to be the only person on the planet dumb enough to watch this menagerie of crap.

Now, don't get me wrong, Pamela Anderson is hot. Not pretty, but hot. There is a difference.

And when Pam finally got to give her little monologue at the end of the show, I was once again mesmerized by the sheer enormity of her gazoombas (especially since she had on a see-through shirt).

But my point about all of this is ... when am I gonna grow up and give up the trash TV?

I mean, hells bells!

I could be watching something educational like the History Channel. Or Discovery. Or at the very least, HGTV.

I guess I can't beat myself up too badly. At least I admit I have a problem, and that's the first step.

Better go now - gotta set the DVR for Tommy Lee Goes to College.

6 Comments:

Blogger ticharu said...

You should take up kick boxing!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Xinh said...

I admit to catching snippets of Girls Next Door. I almost spit up my water when one of the girls said "the most common adjectives people use to describe me are 'bimbo' and 'slut'."
Someone should tell her those are nouns.

9:33 PM  
Blogger Janet said...

T.V. is okay if there is nothing else to do. I really hate it, except for a few shows. House is my favorite, but it hasn't been on in a few weeks because they are showing some other crap. Thanks for the comment on my blog. Your blog is great and I will definitely be back!

7:56 AM  
Blogger The Scarlett said...

Ok, I'm a lurker, via Nicole.

I personally consider reality television to be roughage for the brain. I try to include at least one serving per week. Personally I found Tommy Lee to be disappointing.

The best reality show this summer was VH1's Kept but the final resolution just pissed me off way too much.

And, I've seen Girls Next Door. The problem with that show is that every five minutes feels the same.

4:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have to admit I was channel surfing and caught a bit of the Pam show. Sad part, I couldn't change it for some reason - yet it was annoying the CRAP out of me! - rbky

2:07 PM  
Blogger The Village Idiot said...

Yeah, I caught about thirty seconds of the Pam Roast. Best show on TV right now is The Office, hilarious stuff.

7:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here