maro Lip Schtick: The dawn of a new seasonp

Saturday, September 03, 2005

The dawn of a new season

It is 6 a.m. on a Saturday and I am already up.

Why?

Because today is the first day of the Sooner football season.

And God knows that if you don't get to Norman before the friggin' crack of dawn - you can kiss goodbye the chance to get a decent parking space that doesn't cost a bazillion dollars.

Now, don't get me wrong. I love the football.

But getting up this early on a Saturday is for the proverbial birds.

Or I guess it makes more sense to say - for the Sooners.

BOOMER SOONER

2 Comments:

Blogger Okiedoke said...

That means I've only got to wait another 10 weeks or so.

And you could have slept in Saturday, huh?

10:06 PM  
Blogger The Grish said...

Although I felt that a #7 ranking was way overshooting, I couldn't have foreseen an upset by TCU - in Norman. Wow.

11:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here