maro Lip Schtick: He should've knownp

Friday, September 23, 2005

He should've known

I was eating a fine, healthful lunch at my local Subway today when Alanis Morissette's "You Oughtta Know" came belting through the in-store music system.

As I began tapping my foot and swaying to the angry beats, I remembered just how great the song truly is.

The angst, the pain, the utter display of how one can so completely love the one she wants so desperately to hate.

Good stuff.

Now, I don't know who the song is about, and I don't really care.

All I know is that whoever it is, I bet he wishes he never would have given her that cross-eyed bear.

4 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Ha! Funny, you little hipster! I'm guessing you already know this site but.......just in case!
Peace...............

http://www.kissthisguy.com/

5:28 PM  
Anonymous D said...

aparently the song is about Dave Coulier who was Uncle Joey on Full House.

9:06 PM  
Blogger CGHill said...

I was fond of characterizing "You Oughta Know" as "the last great radio single," until someone pointed out that it was never released as a single.

Still a great song, regardless of issue format.

8:49 PM  
Blogger Brad said...

"cross-eyed bear"

Classic.

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here