maro Lip Schtick: Hornets nestp

Monday, September 19, 2005

Hornets nest

The New Orleans Hornets are coming to Oklahoma City.

Although I absolutely loathe the means by which they come (that bitch Katrina), I am very excited.

So listen up, Oklahomans.

This is your chance to show that you are not the redneck, po-dunk losers that the rest of the nation thinks you are.

Yes, the tickets will be expensive.

But so are OU football tickets, which you seem to have no problem paying. So are tickets to concerts, which you seem to have no trouble paying. And even Civic Center performances can be a little pricey. But still, you find a way.

I'm not saying that you have to buy a season ticket package.

But wouldn't it be nice to go to a few games, support a city and team who have been through a horrific ordeal, and have some fun ... all while helping the city of Oklahoma City's economy at the same time?

Let's face it.

It's time to spend your money on something else other than bingo and cowboy boots.

4 Comments:

Blogger Okiedoke said...

I hate to be the party-pooper, but while I wish them the best, I doubt I'll be cheering them on in person. And it's not that I don't enjoy watching basketball, either. It's just that my appetite for most pro sports has waned since my days as a Laker fan, and I'd much rather see the Sooners play a Big 12 team (or most any team) in Lloyd Noble than any Hornet performance.

But I wholeheartedly recommend anyone so inclined to give it a try. One of my fondest sports memories was watching the Lakers play from mid-court seats, just three rows back in the late 70's. Every basketball fan should be so lucky! Lucky to have friends who would turn you on to seats like that!

Here's to you getting lucky, Red! ;)

8:48 PM  
Blogger CISSY said...

Well, I hate to break it to Sooners' fans, but I seriously doubt the Sooners are going to be playing in any championship game this season. But that's ok. It's just a game.

As for the Hornets, we definitely plan on shelling out the bucks at the very least twice -- when they play the Mavericks (Nov. 12) and the Spurs (Dec. 18) It's Oklahoma City's chance to shine, so come on folks!

12:03 AM  
Blogger The Grish said...

Bingo and cowboy boots?! How stereotypical of you!

Besides, you forgot Skoal.

:)

10:24 AM  
Blogger Lady Godiva said...

Love B-ball... I'll be there!

1:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here