maro Lip Schtick: Affair of the Heart it ain'tp

Saturday, October 15, 2005

Affair of the Heart it ain't

If you missed the Girlie Show at the Farmer's Public Market, you missed quite an event.

40 female artists. Food from some of Oklahoma City's coolest restaurants. Liquor. A kickass DJ. Interpretive dancers in lingerie.

Wow. What a night.

This art show highlighted some of Oklahoma City's most talented women.

From Rebecca McCauley's kicky greeting cards ... to Jennifer Fraase's whimsical trinket boxes ... to Amy Baldwin's mosaic goodies, there was something for everyone.

And don't forget about the fact that it was a major social scene as well.

I ran into about a gazillion people I knew from my high school days, previous jobs, and oh yeah, even some people that I never thought I'd see again.

One thing's for sure ... the Girlie Show delivered on its promise of a good time.

3 Comments:

Blogger The Scarlett said...

Hey LilRed ... just wanted you to know that I linked to you. Found I was frequently visiting your site from Nicole and decided it was easier to just do it from my site. I enjoy your writing!

By the way, the word verification that I had to type was "Shpkoo" which sounds vaguely like some sort of marsupial.

12:47 PM  
Blogger Justin Kreutzmann said...

sorry I missed the show...sounds like a real wing ding.

10:28 PM  
Anonymous Amy Baldwin said...

Hi LilRed, I am Amy Baldwin the mosaic artist! Thanks so much for the plug, I really appreciate it! One of my friends referred me to your site today. Very cool!

Yeah, the Girlie Show was great! Talk about the party of a lifetime!

7:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here