maro Lip Schtick: We should all be so (fill in the blank)p

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

We should all be so (fill in the blank)

A friend of mine is very happy. And I'm happy for her.

Just three years ago she lost her husband. This was a second marriage for both, but they had that "movie love" of which most of us only dream.

When her husband died, I thought that she may have lost the love of her life. As sad as that made me, I was extremely moved by the fact that she was, even if for a few short years, able to experience the happiest times she had ever known.

Alas ... lightning has struck twice.

We spoke today about a new person she may be falling for.

At first I thought, "how lucky she is to meet the opportunity to find true love twice."

But then it hit me. She's not lucky. She's just a good person. And I like to think that good things happen for good people.

She is a perfect example of a person who deserves to be happy - because she is happy.

Even when things seem their crappiest. And believe me, she has seen her fair share of crap the past two or three years.

But you'd never know it. And that's what makes her so cool.

Or lucky.

Whatever you want to call it.

I'm just glad to know her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here