maro Lip Schtick: Christmas Eve and old fartsp

Saturday, December 24, 2005

Christmas Eve and old farts

My friends and I have gathered at Christmas Eve for three years now. I'd say we're building a tradition, even though we probably didn't even realize it when we started.

Tonight, however, we proved just how elderly we are becoming.

Following a quite awesome non-traditional Christmas dinner of Chicken tortilla soup (which was excellent, by the way), we sat around and, believe it or not, played dominoes.

What the hell? When did we become 80?

We played chicken foot.

Now, not being well-versed in the ways of dominoes, I needed a little help. But before the end of the night I was cussing and trying to keep my dominoes covered from wandering eyes as much as possible.

You could say I had become quite feisty and competitive at the chicken foot.

Good times were had by all, even if I kept losing.

Damn that double-blank.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ceres said...

If you're looking for a little practice I know there used to be folks playing at "Charlie's Records" on Classen Blvd. Then you can kick some Old Fart ass next year.

Hope you had a great Christmas!

8:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Some friends taught us how to play chicken foot. At the time, I wondered the same thing... when did we turn 80! (Especially knowing my mom plays dominoes with my great grandpa at the nursing home. Now, doesn't that make you feel better???) But, we had a good time, too, and have played again. rbky

2:41 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

Chicken foot?

Drat it, still under the rock. I promise to crawl out from under it sometime in the New Year.

9:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here