maro Lip Schtick: 15 seconds of infamyp

Friday, January 20, 2006

15 seconds of infamy

Do you ever do something that you think is kind of funny at the time, only to regret it the second you finish doing it?

That's how I feel after shaking my sweet booty for the jumbotron at the Hornets game Wednesday night.

At the time I didn't give it too much thought. Until I looked into the stands from my seat and found a co-worker staring at me. I sat down immediately, my face matching the pink and red sweater I was sporting.

I blew off the incident thinking, "How many people really look at the jumbotron at any given moment? I mean, yes, we all look up there from time to time, but we don't glue our eyes to it."

Apparently I was kidding myself.

A slew of people approached me at work the next day ... "were you at the Hornets game last night?"

Well duh. Obviously I was, or you wouldn't be asking.

I don't know what I was thinking. I guess the excitement was just too much for me to think clearly.

Either that, or my ass has a mind all its own.

7 Comments:

Anonymous The Incurable Insomniac said...

We live once--if we're lucky. Shake it!

8:45 AM  
Blogger CGHill said...

I come from the school of thought which says it's okay to shake it, so long as you don't break it.

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Kerry said...

Congrats! Maybe an agent saw you and will contact you for the next bootie-shakin' music video ;)

12:24 PM  
Blogger Helen said...

I'm goin' with your "ass has a mind of it's own".
Peace.............
(oh, and did I mention I tagged you. oops!)

8:15 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

You were SHAKING YOUR ASS on a jumbotron?? Please tell me they've got footage of this? This is something you'll want to commemorate for the rest of your LIFE!

Awesome.

10:05 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

So you were shakin' your booty on the jumbotron, what's wrong with that? I think it's cool. It's not like you flashed your boobs or something. Did you? ;-)

4:33 AM  
Anonymous Brett said...

Ms. Red issues an opinion on the matter of the government's surveillance program and draws zero comments as of this writing.
She notes that the Ford Center jumbotron allowed all present to observe her backfield in motion and she draws seven comments (including this one).
Maybe the feds monitored the jumbotron too...

11:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here