maro Lip Schtick: Lip Schtick's virtual ass kicking - round 1p

Sunday, January 08, 2006

Lip Schtick's virtual ass kicking - round 1

We here at Lip Schtick (and by we, I mean me) have decided that it's time to take matters into my own hands.

If you have read this blog at all, you know I can't stand stupid people.

I'm not talking about folks who may be developmentally challenged in the intellectual arena. And I'm also not saying that I am immune to the making the occasional stupid remark or having a stupid idea.

I'm just saying that there are people out there who should know better than to spew their idiocy like they're just saying something as simple as "Hello."

So, the virtual ass kicking starts here.

With Pat Robertson.

In a world in which Christianity keeps getting raked over the coals by the extreme religious right, televangelist freaks, and psychopaths who use the Bible as a way to justify their hate, bigotry, and whatever else they see fit, well, it's no wonder that people don't feel good about going to church anymore. Especially with guys Like Pat Robertson waiting to judge us.

I'm not saying this as a political stance, it's just an opinion.

But this guy is a complete moron.

Last week Robertson claimed that Israel Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's stroke could be attributed to God's wrath for dividing God's land.

Are you frickin' kidding me?

You know, I don't wish ill will on anyone. Just because I think a person is a complete asshat (to use Nicole's word, which I love by the way), doesn't mean I want something bad to happen to him.

But I gotta tell ya, after this and the countless other statements that Robertson has made in this genre, I wouldn't mind seeing a little of "God's wrath" being sent Pat Robertson's way.

But if that doesn't happen, the Lip Schtick virtual ass kicking will work for me. Feel free to leave your comment here if you would like to join the fun.

And have a great day!

7 Comments:

Blogger Laurie said...

Oh, I know - when I heard that, I just about LOST IT. I mean, WTF???

Someone needs to lock Robertson up in a padded room and throw away the key.

Or take him for a car ride.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Serra said...

I think we should take the assbag hunting. You know, two go out and only one comes back?

And isn't there something in the Bible about God being the only one authorized to hand out judgements, not some Bush-looking dickwad?

4:28 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

I honestly can't believe they even let his carcass TALK anymore. First Ammendment, my left armpit. Shut that fossil up, already!

Oh, and thanks for the shout out! That was off the hook, yo. ;)

7:45 PM  
Blogger srp said...

Here from Michele.
I'm beginning to wonder if Pat Robertson isn't in the early stages of Alzheimer's. My grandmother died with it and she came up with some doozies in the beginning, things totally NOT her. Hmmm. A thought.
Hope OKC will come out ok. I went to college there in the early '70's. At Bethany Nazarene College, now known as SNU. Then I lived there from '82 - '89, in Northwest section.
Back then Oral Roberts has a similar problem, going off the deep end. I remember him telling the media that God would let him die if he didn't raise so much money in 1987. Bumper stickers started showing up that read, "Oral to Heaven in '87".

9:13 PM  
Blogger Ceres said...

Seriously we need to pray for this guy.

10:24 PM  
Blogger Justin said...

Ya beat me to the punch, Li'l Red. I too wondered if he is starting to slip. Unfortunately, for every person who says 'pray for him' there are ten more who depend on Pat to explain the world to them; and who believe our foreign policy should conform to the opinions of end-times preachers.

11:13 PM  
Anonymous circe said...

He gives the term Christian a very bad name, and they aren't doing so good in many ways anyway.....

10:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here