maro Lip Schtick: Listen up!p

Monday, January 23, 2006

Listen up!

Lip Schtick readers know I don't like to get political.

It bores me.

I leave that mess to people who know more than I (or at least who like to act like they know more).

But sometimes I have to get things off my chest (other than my bra at the end of a grueling day). So here goes:

I don't like being lied to. In fact, I think most people would say that a lie is not something in which they enjoy being on the receiving end.

But if listening to my telephone conversations (even if it is without my knowledge or consent) will stop thousands (or even one, for that matter) from being killed in the next terrorist slaughter ...

... then I say "listen 'til the cows come home."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa, wait a minute. Just because the president is a self-centered, arrogant, SOB, he shouldn't have carte blanche to bypass the basic constitutional amendments of the U.S. (Amendment IV states that "The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized").

Furthermore read the following for Bush's misuse of power:

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/washington/articles/2005/12/20/bush_bypassed_compliant_court_on_wiretapping/?page=1

10:00 PM  
Blogger anywherebutTX said...

I have to agree with you, LilRed.... Listen away, unpack my suitcase at the airport, whatever.... Do what you gotta do.

1:07 PM  
Anonymous Mr Eccentric said...

I have to agree with 'anonymous' on this one, even though he/she should have the guts to at least post their name. :-)

You're looking good, as always, Lil' Red!

E

9:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The beauty of this country is that I DON'T have to post my name. If you think that it's gutless, then that's your perogative. I like to think that I CHOOSE to maintain my anonymity for personal reasons. Nevertheless, I'm glad you agree with my position on this one, Mr. Eccentric. BTW, is that your real name?

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here