maro Lip Schtick: Oh no! It's Mr. Gas Bill!p

Friday, January 13, 2006

Oh no! It's Mr. Gas Bill!

Remember a few posts ago when I told you that I like the power I feel when I pay my bills? That I am the captain of my financial ship, and that bills don't rule my life?

Well, that was before I got the $253 gas bill!

Are you friggin' kidding me?

$253?!

Wouldn't it be cool if we could harness all the heat from the continual fires that burn across Oklahoma and put it toward our warming bills?

Just a thought ...

7 Comments:

Blogger LeighAnn said...

Great idea! Believe me, I feel your pain.

12:01 PM  
Blogger CISSY said...

$313 and change for the gas bill. I feel your pain. We bought two electric heaters and firewood -- amazing. We turned the heat down to 68, it was still too hot in our bedroom.

6:48 PM  
Blogger Kimberly said...

I know what you mean. Last year my gas bill at this time was around $45. It's twice that, and nowhere near as cold as it was. Go figure.

10:53 PM  
Blogger CGHill said...

$159 here, about half again as much as last winter's worst bill.

11:02 AM  
Blogger nicole said...

Ugh, that's the worst. When the world's most monstrous bill drops out of nowhere and you're scrambling trying to collect spare change from the sofa cushions. I always get burned on the electric/gas bills.

10:27 PM  
Blogger The Scarlett said...

Get this ... our bill (gas and electric combined) was over $900! A five bedroom home kept at about 68 degrees in the winter (so, no, not freakishly warm).

9:28 AM  
Anonymous Kerry said...

Do you read The Daily Bitch? She got a huge gas bill last month too... she posted on her blog about it. It was terribly high (and i think there has got to be another reason for hers)... but anyways... the bills are outragious!

8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here