maro Lip Schtick: Tag! I'm it -#2p

Monday, January 09, 2006

Tag! I'm it -#2

Evidently there are a lot of folks out there who don't like to be tagged.

I am not one of those people, because often I can't think of a single thing to write about. So occasionally, I appreciate the jump start.

One of my fave bloggals at nicoleMART has asked that I share a few random facts about myself. What kind of taggee would I be if I didn't oblige?

I love to pay bills
This is true. I am one of those freaky pay-the-bill-the-minute-I-receive-it types of people. It gives me a rush when I pay my bills eighteen million weeks before they're due. I am the captain of my financial ship. And I love that power.

I hate to shop for clothes
Most women love to shop. I, on the other hand, am missing that gene. And when I have to shop for something (a dress for a formal occasion, a pair of new pants because I've gained too much weight to fit in my others, etc.) it's even worse. The pressure of finding cute clothes. No thanks. Now home decorative items, on the other hand, hell yeah!

I skipped first grade
Not because I was a genius, mind you (although my mom would say otherwise). It just so happened that in the first grade I was reading on a level with high school kids. Unfortunately, that's where the smarts left off. Math continues to kick my ass.

I have had 15 moles removed ...
... and I am only 34. Imagine what all the years of sun damage will have done to me by the time I'm 60. Of those 15, three of them were actually do-overs because the wretched varmints started growing back post-removal. I'm telling you, people. The sun is bad, very bad.

I could easily be a huffer
I freaking LOVE the smell of gasoline, nail polish, lighter fluid, liquid cement, markers, etc.

I have never seen
any of The Godfather movies, any of the Star Wars movies, nor any of the Indiana Jones flicks. And I probably won't ever. The hype would ruin the outcome. By the way, I hated Citizen Kane.

I don't know my dad ...
... and I don't feel like I am a lesser person because of it. That's not to say I'm happy it turned out that way; I'm not. But I think too often people blame too many things on not having two parents. That's crap. Your life is what you make of it. None of us have picture-perfect childhoods. But I can hold job, own a home, and have only minor mental problems. I'm OK.

I am a sucker for good love stories
My current movie love obsession is the 1976 version of "A Star is Born" with Barbra Streisand and Kris Kristofferson. I think I have probably watched the damn thing five times in the last two weeks.
Great movie? No.
Great acting? No.
Music? Marginal for a rock soundtrack - but there is no denying Barbra's voice is outstanding.
Sweet love story? I say yes.
Even if the critics at the time (whenever I get obsessed with a movie I do extensive Internet research about it) thought there was no chemistry between the Babs and Kris. I say that's a load of hooey. Just because two people don't look like they would ever be a couple doesn't mean there's no chemistry. But that's just me. Watch it and decide for yourself.

I frigging love to cross-stitch
Yes, I am 80. But I don't care. It's fun.

So that's it. A few random facts.

Now I would like to pass the torch (and there is absolutely no pressure here) to some other friends of the blog world:
Ceres
The Incurable Insomniac
The Scarlett
Laurie

Oh, and don't think you got off so easily my other blog friends. The Incurable Insomniac tagged me as well ... I'll hit you guys up at that time.

10 Comments:

Blogger The Scarlett said...

It's written and I'll post it tomorrow!

11:03 AM  
Blogger Ceres said...

I'm glad I only have to come up with five. I feel so much pressure. I'll get right to it.

11:18 AM  
Blogger MemeStream said...

Here's another fact: You're pretty damn funny! I'm adding you to my blogroll. You should sign up for an RSS feeder so that we can subscribe to your posts.

6:13 PM  
Anonymous Heatheranne said...

Oh, I could totally be a huffer too! If you like these things, I post a question on my blog every Sunday. I try to make them some what thought provoking. At the very least, they're not yes or no questions. I have a few people who do their answers in their blog instead of my comments.

7:31 PM  
Blogger eric said...

well since you love paying bills so much, you think you could take care of a couple of mine for me. i'm sure gieco and comcast will be your best friends

9:35 PM  
Blogger nicole said...

Dude, I am SO glad I tagged you! These were effin AWESOME!!!

I won't bother commenting on the Godfather thing or the Star Wars thing or the "I Love Gasoline" thing. I'm sure others will have enough to say on those topics. ;)

I'm with you on the moles thing, even though mine aren't so much from sun exposure as from the fact that my entire family is COVERED with (usually benign) moles. It's just a thing that happens with age.

Again, this ROCKED!

9:48 PM  
Blogger The Scarlett said...

Mine is finished. Yours was really amazing.

Oh, when I was a graphic designer doing catalog work we had the best smelling markers and I'm sure the fumes killed a few brain cells but, damn, they smelled so good!

9:38 AM  
Blogger Harsha said...

Just surfed in...amazing facts..

9:16 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

Loved your list.. interesting!

I need to get your attitude towards bill-paying!

As for the tag.. I just did something like this very recently on my blog (someone else tagged me), so I'm going to pass.. but thanks for thinking of me :-)

7:56 AM  
Blogger Lady Godiva said...

So, do you do the gas at the dentist? Have to tell you it's mighty fine stuff.

12:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here