maro Lip Schtick: A win for the agedp

Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A win for the aged

You read it correctly. The aged.

Or I guess I could have titled it "JoePa wins the Grandpa Bowl."

It was quite a finish (triple overtime, to be exact) for the two winningest coaches in major college football history.

Following umpteen missed field goals by both teams, Joe Paterno's Penn State Nittany Lions finally put the smackdown on Bobby Bowden's Florida State Seminoles.

By a field goal, poetically.

Admittedly, I am not much of a fan of either team (although I must mention gratuitously here that the Oklahoma Sooners have beaten both teams for the national championship).

All that aside, what a game. History in the making, most likely. Because these legendary coaches probably won't meet again during the remainders of their careers.

Thanks guys, for great coaching, great history, and a great game tonight.

We should be so lucky.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Billy Vessels said...

Yeah, the Old Coaches Home made for a cute storyline, but you can hardly call that game "great." It looked like both sides had been paid off by Vegas.

So Red - which side are you on tonight? I don't think I'm physically capable of cheering for fexas, but 'SC's streak needs to end.

And what the f'k is wrong with our hoops team??

8:26 AM  
Blogger LilRed said...

Funny you should ask, dead Heisman Trophy winner Billy Vessels.

Your query is the subject of my next "You Tell Me" post.

As for me, I don't believe a self-respecting Sooner fan should ever cheer for Texas - ever.

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here