maro Lip Schtick: Now read this - <em>The Reagans: Portrait of a Marriage</em>p

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Now read this - The Reagans: Portrait of a Marriage

The Reagans: Portrait of a Marriage
by Anne Edwards

You may have noticed this book in my sidebar forever. I had a hard time finishing it because work has absolutely worn me out to the point lately where all I want to do is come home, eat dinner, watch some TV, and go to bed.

But finally, I buckled down and finished it.

I've mentioned before that I am intrigued by the US presidency, but I'm even more intrigued about who these men are in their personal lives.

I had always heard that Ronnie and Nancy's love was so restrictive that they couldn't share it beyond themselves ... not even to their children. This book talks about the issue extensively.

But as dysfunctional as the Reagans may have been in their personal lives ... that fact does not diminish the intriguing nature of Reagan as president.

Don't get me wrong. This book doesn't try to paint Reagan as an untouchable who never made mistakes. Let's face it. Every president has one or two black marks during their terms. But The Reagans does do a good job in showing many sides of the man. And sometimes we forget - he, like every president, was just that - a man.

So try not to let your political party affiliation make the decision as to whether or not to read this book. If you're interested in the presidency, the president, and those who surround him in his personal as well as professional life, then you may enjoy this book as I did.

2 Comments:

Anonymous nicole said...

One day I'll read real books again. One day...

11:27 PM  
Blogger the Intuitive Woman said...

As interesting as you make the Reagans book sound, I'm much more interested in the new book in your sidebar...a question I've asked myself more than once! :)

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here