maro Lip Schtick: The weekly three - week fourp

Monday, April 17, 2006

The weekly three - week four

OK. When I am blue, I tend to REALLY wallow in it so that I can snap out of it quicker. I may watch a sad movie ... cut myself off temporarily from my social life ... take an extra nap here or there.

Well, you can imagine how pleasantly surprised I was when I noticed that AMC was playing a weekend of "April Showers" movies, or in other words, tear-jerkers.

After all, misery loves company.

So, in the name of helping me jolt myself out of my funk, let's really get "down" and dirty.

1 - What's your fave tear-jerker flick of all time?
2 - Have you ever been on an anti-depressant?
3 - What do you do to relieve the periodic blues?

If it helps, I'll start this week's festivities:

1 - I would have to say "Terms of Endearment." Timeless. And good for a cry when you need it.
2 - Yes. I was put on on anti-depressant to help me deal with the end of a long-term relationship (mentioned previously in Tag! I'm it - #7). I weaned myself off the drug about two years ago.
3 - See the beginning of this post.

Hey! I told you the questions may not always be fun. But isn't this really where the interesting stuff lies?

8 Comments:

Anonymous The Incurable Insomniac said...

1) What's your fave tear-jerker flick of all time?
"An Affair to Remember" with Cary Grant & Deborah Kerr

2) Have you ever been on an anti-depressant?
I was on Paxil in 2003 for about 7 months.

3) What do you do to relieve the periodic blues?
I just ride it through. I don't dwell, but I also don't deny. Let it Be.

12:34 AM  
Anonymous nicole said...

Believe it or not, these are hardies:

1 -- I usually try to avoid the ones that will make me weep myself senseless. "Terms of Endearment" comes to mind.

2 -- No.

3 -- Usually it involves eating, shopping or both. Which means I get to be both fat AND broke. ;)

10:31 AM  
Anonymous The Chad said...

1. A Walk to Remember. Great movie.

2. If you would call beer an anti-depressant.

3. I drink beer. Lots of beer.

12:40 PM  
Blogger EKWisdom said...

1. I totally have to agree with The Chad. A Walk to Remember is great. Also, Steel Magnolias.

2. I haven't had to, but there has definately been more than once that I have thought about it.

3. I wallow. I get it out of my system by being alone, watching a mushy movie and eating something ultra fattening. :)

4:58 PM  
Anonymous Brett said...

1. Video for "Hurt." Does that count?
2. No.
3. Play some Ramones. Or some bagpipe music. The former energizes me out of my funk, and the mournfulness of the latter seems to just carry my blues off with it.

10:26 PM  
Anonymous nicole said...

BlogExplosion hit!!!

8:40 PM  
Blogger CGHill said...

(1) Somewhere in Time, where Christopher Reeve wastes away for love of an actress who died a hundred years ago. Sort of.

(2) In the late 80s, yes. I still take anti-anxiety drugs, but those aren't quite so industrial-strength.

(3) Go for a drive and crank up the stereo.

9:39 PM  
Blogger The Scarlett said...

1). Terms
2). No
3). Chocolate

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here