maro Lip Schtick: The pressure's onp

Thursday, May 04, 2006

The pressure's on

I went to the doctor this morning for a yearly breast exam. I have had fibrocystic problems since my late 20s (as did my mom at one time, my grandma, and my aunt).

And, because I am a little lax in doing my self exams ... I like to go to the doctor to have her make sure I am lump free. Plus, if she finds something, she can take care of it right then.

Unfortunately, all of the rambling I just went through is not the point of the story.

As a routine part of the exam, I had my blood pressure taken. This usually isn't a big deal, since my blood pressure is usually on the normal to slightly low side.

But today it was really low:

90/65

And then it occurred to me.

Why the hell am I worried about lumpy boobies when I am nearly a corpse anyway?

5 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Hope you are as lumpless as my Dad's mashed potatoes! Really wishing you well.
Peace..........

12:32 PM  
Blogger Useless Man said...

I don't have to go far to feel lumps on my body.

Do love handles count as lumps?

1:35 PM  
Blogger CISSY said...

I'm one of those low blood pressure, even low temperature kind of folks too. But I recently went to an exam with a new doctor (thanks to a new insurance plan I hate, hate, hate - but I digress)

Anyway, she tested and found that I have an underactive thyroid, put me on medication and said I'll notice it's working because I'll start losing some weight.

You mean I've been going to the gym everyday for NOTHING!?

9:24 AM  
Anonymous nicole said...

My BP is usually on the normal/low side too. But not so low as to be alarming. Does the doctor have any idea what caused the drop??

11:24 PM  
Anonymous mulligan said...

My BP is typically low as well. Last time I got it checked it was 90/50.

Once it was 80/35.

I used to worry about it but my doctor said that as long as I wasn't having any problems I didn't need to worry. My sister, also a doctor, told me the same thing.

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here