maro Lip Schtick: 1.86 miles down - 11.24 to gop

Friday, July 07, 2006

1.86 miles down - 11.24 to go

Loyal Lip Schtick readers may recall how inspired I am by the Oklahoma City Marathon runners every April, and how I aspire to run the half marathon next year.

Well, I ran my first "race" on July 4.

Granted, it was only a 3K (that's 1.86 miles to you metrically challenged Americans - and I count myself as one of those).

But 3K is better than zero-K, which is what I had been running.

You gotta start somewhere.

3 Comments:

Blogger Carmi said...

A journey of a thousand miles begins with but one step.

Congratulations on taking that initial step. Or hundreds of steps.

I admire your fortitude.

11:29 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

That's awesome. I've been double dog dared to run a half-marathon, and I'm struggling with shin-splints. I'm totally inspired by hearing that others are succeeding!

Here via Michele tonight :)

11:31 PM  
Blogger CISSY said...

Very cool. I had planned to do the marathon this past year, and injury and time didn't allow. This next year, I'm aiming for the half-marathon at the very least. I really want to do the marathon, but I'm going to be realistic this time. See you at the starting line! And hopefully, the finish.

11:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here