maro Lip Schtick: Mom's words of wisdom - part 3p

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Mom's words of wisdom - part 3

Here's an actual conversation between dear old ma and me yesterday:

Mom: I don't like the Geico gekko.

LilRed: Why? I think he's actually quite clever.

Mom: He gives me the creeps.

At the time, I didn't think was too odd because my mother is TERRIFIED of snakes. So, I figured since the gekko is in the reptilian family, this would make sense. But nothing ever makes sense when it comes to my mother's logic.

LilRed: Why do you think he's creepy? Is it because he's all green and reptile-like?

Mom: No. It's because he reminds me of that one-eyed kitten that was all over the Internet news sites a few months ago.

LilRed (sarcastically): Oh. Yeah. I see what you mean.

OK. OK. Am I crazy? Or is it my mom who is one brick short of a load?

You be the judge:

Geico gekko

One-eyed kitten

I fully expect to hear your thoughts on this matter.

6 Comments:

Blogger Jessi said...

...........okay. I think I've recovered.

I had every intention of answering your question, but it turns out I'd never actually seen the one eyed kitten before, and holy crap is that thing freaky. And wrong. I actually said, "Gaa!" out loud when the picture loaded. Then I closed it real quick-like.

So, I really can't tell you whether there's any stretch of a resemblance. I have to say, though...if that gecko reminds your mom in ANY way of that cat? TOTALLY within her rights to be freaked out.

*shudder*

1:22 PM  
Anonymous Morning_Glory said...

Okay, there's an ever-so-slight resemblance. But unlike with that annoying and somewhat arrogant Gecko, I have nothing but sympathy for that one-eyed cat. Poor thing...breaks my heart.

7:32 PM  
Anonymous nicole said...

One? Brick? Short? Of a load??

I'm using that one at the first available opportunity.

I have some beef with the new incarnation of the gekko. I thought he was cute before he got the Brit accent. Now I like his accent but I don't like HIM!

10:30 PM  
Blogger Laurie said...

My kids LOVE the Geico gecko.. I think he's pretty cute myself.

As for that kitten... yikes.

2:21 AM  
Blogger Jan said...

I'm. laughing. too. hard. to. answer.

3:41 PM  
Blogger Isabella Snow said...

Geckos are quite cute!

11:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here