maro Lip Schtick: Thanks, palsp

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Thanks, pals

I just noticed that somehow, Lip Schtick has reached more than 83,000 hits.

Very cool, considering I haven't been at the top of my blogging game for some time now.

You see, as loyal readers know, I have been trying to lose the 20 pounds that I put on during the past two years.

Mind you, I am not obese, and I do not want to lead people to believe that I am bigger than I am.

But for me, 20 pounds was unacceptable.

Especially considering that I gained the weight because I did absolutely nothing in the way of exercising, and can eat like a friggin' horse.

So, I joined Weight Watchers and took up running when I returned from Europe at the end of May. I am now up to four miles without walking (although I believe I might be wise to take up Jeff Galloway's run/walk plan very soon to help with my recovery time).

I have lost a little more than 10 pounds, and have enjoyed running immensely (I should clarify - I enjoy running immensely when I am finished running ... the "during" part sucks). In fact, I am running my third 5K race on Labor Day weekend, and hope to run my first 10K mid-September.

Which brings me to my original point.

Exercising takes time. It's a major commitment. And even though I am enjoying the benefits, I have decided that something has to slow down.

So it seems that Lip Schtick has taken a back seat, somewhat, to the exercising goals.

I mean, if I'm going to run the Oklahoma City Memorial Marathon next April, I have to keep going with my training.

So, bear with me, friends.

Hopefully at some point I'll be able to balance everything: work, running, blogging, friendships, my love of my cat, home maintenance ... you get the picture.

But for now, I'll just keep on keepin' on.

In the meantime, thanks for your support, 83,000 pals.

I appreciate you.

2 Comments:

Blogger RedDirt said...

Well, we appreciate you the mostest and awesomest. Your blog is funny, snappy and it's been a pleasure to watch it continue to grow. And we're all rooting for you on your excellent running and weight loss goals!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous nicole said...

Wow, it seems like everyone is taking a bit of a blogging break right now.

I envy you guys. ;)

But totally honorable reason for going on hiatus, Red. I mean, come on -- EXERCISE?? I so hate it!

Good luck with your marathons.

7:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here