maro Lip Schtick: White girlp

Monday, August 21, 2006

White girl

Winter will be here before we know it (although that's a really hard fact to picture since it was 103 degrees today).

But I digress.

Growing up I always heard the fashion rule that there is to be no wearing of white post Labor Day holiday festivities.

But year after year, as summer temperatures continue to move well into October (around these parts, at least), I think this rule has become more and more obsolete.

So. All that aside, the past few years I have heard about the popularity of "winter white," and how it's OK to wear this shade in the fall and winter months.

Now, what I don't get, is what the hell makes winter white acceptable, when summer white isn't?

Can someone help me understand?

'Cause for the life of me, I just can't see the diff.

3 Comments:

Blogger Helen said...

Well, it's not really "white". Sort of like the difference between fresh snow and uh...yellow snow?
Peace..............

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think alot has to do with the fabric. White linen is not the same as say white wool. For instance, I have a white wool coat. Besides that I don't know what the hell winter white is.

10:51 PM  
Anonymous nicole said...

Basically it doesn't matter as long as you look good in it.

Which I rarely ever do when it comes to white. White is not my friend if worn below the waist. ;)

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here