maro Lip Schtick: Ain't that a bitchp

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Ain't that a bitch

You know, I am typically not what one may consider "prude."

But I gotta tell ya.

I am a little freaked out lately by the incessant use of the word bitch being thrown about by young people.

In my day, you just didn't call people bitches.

Now, every time I turn around, I hear some kid throwing the word bitch around like it's no big deal.

The other day I heard some teens tossing around the banter freely at my local Target:

"Let's go, bitch!"

Or sometimes when I watch my crappy reality shows like Real World Road Rules Challenge, it is completely normal to hear the youngsters shout things like, "Get off your fat ass, bitch!"

As if it's not bad enough that someone notices that you have a fat ass, but now you've gotta be called a bitch as well.

What is this world coming to?

And am I too young, a mere 35, to be offended by this display of boorishness?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Brett said...

I think it has a lot less to do with age and a lot more to do with class. The media many teens consume has little or none of that quality, and since it seems fame, rather than class, is the key factor in deciding whom to emulate, they follow suit.

12:48 AM  
Blogger LilRed said...

Brett - As usual, very well said, my friend. Well said, indeed.

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here