maro Lip Schtick: When I grow up ...p

Monday, September 04, 2006

When I grow up ...

When we were kids, some of us had an idea of what our professions would be when we grew up.

I always thought I'd be a news anchor.

That is, until my first video production class in college, in which I completely froze in front of the camera. I proceeded immediately to my advisor's office to change my major from broadcast journalism to radio/TV/film production. I swiftly went from on-camera aspirations to behind-the-scenes hiding ... all in one afternoon.

Now, I work in a field that relates little to either, although unlike a lot of folks, my major did help me get to where I am now (after a few years in broadcast production, I decided I wasn't really creative enough to keep going, nor was it as fun as I thought it would be).

So, I have to ask ...

... what did you wanna be when you grew up?

And are you doing what you thought you would as a child?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Incurable Insomniac said...

When I was growing up, no one asked girls what they wanted to be. The choices were made for you: wife & mother. Maybe a secretary until you caught a husband.

I wanted to be a musician like my dad.

Am I doing what I thought I would be doing? In a weird way, yes, although not exactly as I invisioned it.

3:47 AM  
Anonymous Jay said...

Strangely enough, I wanted to be a TV weatherman. But I didn't really, um, like science all that much. Uh, oh.

7:18 PM  
Blogger CISSY said...

A doctor...or an actress. Still do. Both.

10:49 PM  
Anonymous brandon said...

I wanted to be a cartoonist.

4:51 PM  
Blogger EKWisdom said...

I changed my mind more often than my underoos I believe. I wanted to be a ballerina, ice skater, nurse, teacher, veterinarian, personal assistant, accountant, writer, actress...
At some point, I wanted to be in the military, a firefighter and a doctor. Gradually, I began to knock off each idea until it hit me. I want to be one thing in my life and that's just as much a career as any. I want to be a wife and mother. Oh yeah, well, and that whole OWN MY OWN PHOTOGRAPHY STUDIO thing on the side. ;)

10:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Jan said...

Ven i was litle, I wanted to be a french horn soloist. And i am big now and i have a werry good job, too, but i am a loyer and i just asume this is what i wanted to be. it's funn! also, i get paid. But, i wish i worked for mypremiercreditcard because then i could do nothing and gate pade!

absorutewee!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here