maro Lip Schtick: Apparently, chivalry <i>is</i> deadp

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Apparently, chivalry is dead

As I returned to my office building an hour ago from a meeting, I noticed a gentleman walking into the same building door as I was approaching, although I was about 10 steps behind him.

Mind you, I am carrying three bags.

Now, if I saw a person carrying a load, I would take the time to wait and hold the door.

He didn't.

Then, he walked toward the elevator that happened to arrive just as he approached. I thought he would hold the elevator for me.

He didn't.

I yelled, "hold the door, please!" This fell on deaf ears.

The only thing I have to say about this blatant disregard for others is ...

... what a jagoff.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Brett said...

Even during chivalry's heyday, I suppose, there were always cads.

I shall hold open an extra door or two for someone tomorrow in protest of this knuckle-dragger who has besmirched my gender.

9:27 PM  
Blogger RedDirt said...

Oh dear. I hope he wasn't deaf!

Rest assured, however, chivalry is NOT DEAD.

I, too, shall hold an extra door -- and throw my coat upon the gruond tomorrow.

Actually, chivalry is finally making a comeback. Look at recent bestsellers like Brad Miner's "The Compleat Gentleman: The Modern Man's Guide to Chivalry." The spelling of "compleat" is intentional, reflecting the book's Old World outlook.

A great read.

8:16 PM  
Blogger LilRed said...

Brett - You are right, friend. For every five good guys, there's always, as you say, a "cad."

RedDirt - I would expect nothing less from you, pal. By the way, one of my fave books is "The Compleat Cat" by Cleveland Amory. Thought you'd get a kick out of the compleat reference.

11:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Who Links Here